01 December 2010

Faraway from Home, Soldiers and Noel

Christmas Eve 1914 - Somewhere in the trenches... Scots, French and Germans Soldiers fraternized and got to know the men who lived on the opposite side of a most brutal war, in what became ultimately an incredible lesson on Humanity!

I learned this historical event as a little child and when I first heard of a movie made after the facts I went in search of a copy for myself and my family.

This is JOYEUX NOEL, a story that will make you believe there is still hope no matter the darkness and what better time to remember this then on the 1st of Decembre and the beginning of the Advent!

The movie was filmed with care and the Director, Screen writer, Music composer and the many Actors who participated in this production are to be commended.
I truly enjoy seeing this one over and over and we make a point to include it in our Christmas movie/music selection each year. You might say it has become a tradition!

I listen to the music while writing to Marines and National Guards stationed overseas and faraway friends and family and the words speaks to us all...


I'm dreaming of Home

"I hear the mountain birds
The sound of rivers singing
A song I've often heard
It flows through me now
So clear and so loud
I stand where I am
And forever I'm dreaming of home
I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home

It's carried in the air
The breeze of early morning
I see the land so fair
My heart opens wide
There's sadness inside
I stand where I am
And forever I'm dreaming of home
I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home

This is no foreign sky
I see no foreign light
But far away am I
From some peaceful land
I'm longing to stand
A hand in my hand
...forever I'm dreaming of home
I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home"


To All who are so faraway yet still in our hearts! You are never forgotten...

Note: All opinions expressed are my own. I was not asked to review movie/lyrics but simply shared this with readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!