03 December 2010

A Franciscan Christmas, book review


I have always been drawn to Christmas as everyone will tell you if they know me and I remember well St Francis being a favourite Saint of ours so this book just called to me!

A Franciscan Christmas introduces us to both an amazing amount of Franciscan history and Christian spirituality but allows us also to reflect on the true meaning of the different elements of the Creche, something we often forget during this busy season!

Each chapter introduces us to a different topic in the description of the birth of our Holy Saviour such as Jesus, Mary, Joseph, The Shepherds, The magi and so on and begins with a bible reference.
The author then ends each description with a suggestion beginning with "This Christmas..."

This Christmas, let's remember the true meaning of this Blessed Season! This is truly a time to celebrate, but also to share our faith, to help others and show them how special they truly are are and this book is just the perfect tool to help us!
Like St Francis let's remember that we can find joy in little things, but meaningful ones.

Kathleen M.Carroll reminds us that at his birth. Jesus gave the gift of himself and what a gift! Let's rediscover the true meaning of being Christians and celebrate by giving, not receiving!

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

This book is well written, a perfect gift for anyone of course especially at this time of the year but also a great addition to your personal library.
I give it 5 stars!

I received this book from The Catholic Company as part of their blogger program.
Please visit The Catholic Company to find more information on A Franciscan Christmas . They are also a great source for first communion gifts and baptism gifts.
I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!