21 January 2015

The Psalms, Poetry On Fire translated by Dr. Brian Simmons

First Slide

  • Series: Passion Translation
  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Broadstreet Publishing Group LLC (October 1, 2014)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1424549368

Also available in KINDLE format


SYNOPSIS:


Psalm 5:3 says, ³At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. 

Every emotion of our hearts is reflected in the Psalms with words that express our deepest and strongest feelings. Sighing is turned to singing and trouble into triumph. The Psalms provide comfort and joy, leading us to the place where worship flows. When discouraged or downcast, we can take new strength from reading them. They charge our batteries and fill our sails. Their thunder stirs us, and sweet melodies move us into the sacred emotions of a heart on fire. 

Dark rain clouds of grief turn to bright rainbows of hope as we meditate on Davids soul subduing songs. The Psalms are clearly poetic. They are praises placed inside poetry that spill out of a fiery passionate heart. 

The Psalms free us to become emotional, passionate, sincere worshipers. These 150 poetic masterpieces give us an expression of faith and worship. They become a mirror to the heart of God's people in our quest to experience His presence.


My thoughts:


I cannot foresee anyone untouched by the above synopsis. As human beings we are constantly challenged in our daily lives and feel the need to be reassured, to know we are loved and cared for. What better way therefore to redirect our thoughts than to read these 150 expressions of His Love for us?

Divided into five books the Psalms, Poetry On Fire reminds us of the five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) and offer a deep reflection of Christ, the God-Man. To understand Him, you must unlock the secrets behind the songs and discover through the Psalms' amazing poetry, His wisdom. 

Thanks to Dr. Brian Simmons and his modern translation of the Hebrew text, we can uncover the poetry of David as he himself wrote these words. 
Most of us remembers 23rd Psalm in difficult times but this particular translation speaks to our heart providing even more hope and comfort than ever before.

"You know every step I will take, 
Before my journey even begins."

Easily understood even by young listeners, it makes an ideal addition to any family or church library. I found it most appropriate for teen study groups in these days and age as it reaches out and makes you listen.

5 Stars!


Meet the Author:


(Shown here with his wife Candice)

Dr. Brian Simmons is known as a passionate lover of God. After a dramatic conversion to Christ, Brian knew that God was calling him to go to the unreached people of the world and present the Gospel of God's grace to all who would listen. 

He and his wife, Candice, and their three children spent nearly eight years in the tropical rain forest of the Darien Province of Panama as a church planter, translator, and consultant. Brian was involved in the Paya-Kuna New Testament translation project. He studied linguistics and Bible translation principles with New Tribes Mission. 

After their ministry in the jungle, Brian was instrumental in planting a thriving church in New England (U.S.), and now travels full time as a conference speaker and Bible teacher.

Have a question for Dr. Simmons: contact him at brian@passiontranslation.com.

For more information visit the PASSION TRANSLATION site (HERE).

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book courtesy of ICON MEDIA GROUP as part of the series promotion. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 'Guides concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I was not asked to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are entirely my own. 




2 comments:

  1. My favourite psalm is 121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills. From whence cometh my help? My help commeth from the Lord who made heaven and earth.
    I love the King James version because of the beautiful language as well as the sentiment. ...........so how is life treating you guys these days, missing you.......Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I agree Psalm 121 is also very beautiful!
      As a Roman Catholic I use the Jerusalem Bible but marveled at the translation Dr. Simmons provided in the book mentioned above. In fact I prefer his translation of Psalm 139 to any other.
      Email to follow!

      Delete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!