28 February 2011

The Jesus Inquest by Charles Foster, Book Review


Charles Foster describes himself as a Writer, Barrister and Traveler. As a barrister - or criminal lawyer - Charles Foster uses his legal experience but also his faith to present a magnificent case, both for and against the resurrection of Jesus and the empty tomb.
This is a compelling book and you will feel drawn into it I assure you!

The Jesus Inquest, the case for and against the resurrection of the Christ
, offers the reader an in depth look at both sides and facts are delivered in such a way that believers and non believers alike will readily form their own opinions.

Charles Foster's background as a teacher of Medical Law and Ethics allows him to graphically describe much details of the Passion as well as the Crucifixion itself. Using Roman Historians as well as eye witness accounts he skilfully outlines the events that leads to the empty tomb.
Obviously his research was extensive and to be sure he earned my respect in that regard!

I very much enjoyed reading this book, perhaps because arguments, when presented in such a constructive way, are always a great challenge and let's face it, we become too complacent in our faith!
As a writer and a scholar, Charles Foster certainly challenged mine! As a traveler, I would love to have the opportunity to see what he has seen!

Reading his acknowledgments, I noticed the segment regarding the book dedication to his father, in particular the statement the latter taught him some things are true and some are not, and everyone has a duty to try to find out which is which. Amen!

This is certainly in my opinion a must read for anyone!
I give it 5 stars!!

As part of Thomas Nelson/Booksneeze Blogger Review Program I received a copy of this book. I wasnot asked to write a positive review and the opinions expressed are entirely my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!