19 July 2010

Knitting, the Knit Box and fabulous yarns

I am always on the lookout for new yarns for little ones. Reading the advices given by Mary Glynn, the founder of Heavenly Angels in Need, http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com/, I like to knit in yarns Angels may wear as much as my pocket book can afford. Thus my quest for the best...

Sadly and much too often these little Angels are sick and in ICU or leaving us and the best seems not enough!

I had the chance recently to acquire some wonderful yarns from the Knit Box, http://www.theknitbox.com and I think Mary would approve: 100% Turkish cotton tape and so soft! (see results in progress above)

Their Cotton Tweed (below in Golden Syrup) has a silky coloured thread throughout the yarn, with lovely results and I just noticed their Sifa yarn.

"Sifa is 100% natural cotton which has been ionized with 5% real silver, said to have healing properties for many ailments, to help you knit garments which are healthy as well as beautiful. Natural and undyed. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter".

Living on a tiny island on the Pacific Coast I rely on the internet to not only keep in touch with everyone but also to purchase most of our supplies which includes yarn (I am so lucky!) thus I had the perfect excuse to indulge and order the Knit Box's beautiful EBRU needles and some Sifa yarn...

Back to knitting: I just heard of two more hospitals in Scotland in need of Angels clothing! Not all dreams but so nice to be needed...

Note: The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”





1 comment:

  1. Dear Patricia,
    I think the love and thought you give to little Angels is beyond wonderful. I'm so glad we got acquainted. Thank you also for the lovely words about the Knit Box :)
    Figi

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!