09 September 2011

Oriah Mountain Dreamer: The Invitation


 'Meeting' other bloggers is always a source of discovery for me. On this tiny screen (laptop) I have the opportunity to visit with kindred spirits all over the world. 

Each of us use a keyboard, often daily, to reach out to readers, sending inner thoughts in cyber space. Some  speaks eloquently of their favourite crafts, some displays fine culinary skills, some shares wonderful photos of their little corner of the earth and some sends messages of hope and sometime, sorrows...

This time I would like to share with readers a post by 'The Priest's Housekeeper' called 'The Invitation'. 
Oriah Mountain Dreamer, a Canadian Storyteller is the author of this wonderful poem.

My favourite lines would be:

'It doesn’t interest me
how old you are.
I want to know
if you will risk
looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive'.

Both Flyboy and I read it and we agreed: it is absolutely beautiful! 
Thank you Ann for sharing it! This lovely book is definitively on my 'list' to keep!
Blessings to all,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Noelle,
    Thank you for that. Beautiful poems should always be shared, it is easy to see how that wonderful work touched others so profoundly.
    Blessings and prayers,
    Annx

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!