13 February 2010

Remembering and Lily of the Valley


Perhaps due to the very mild winter our daffodils have not only shown but I notice a bloom soon to open! As a small child our little walled garden yield first crocuses and hyacinths followed by one of my favourite, Lily of the Valley.

As I recall on May 1st traditionally a sprig of lily of the valley was given to family members and friends alike.
I miss this tradition ! Granny spoke of our Grand Pa hiding a small sprig in his overcoat to bring her on that special day. A little on the shy side and at 6ft3" he probably did not want the whole world to know how much she meant to him! He never forgot and
she always remember it!

I cannot think of something sweeter! Dreaming again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!