03 March 2014

To Be Released On 11 March 2014: The Book Thief DVD

  • Rated: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
  • DVD Release Date: March 11, 2014
  • Run Time: 131 minutes
  • ASIN: B00G15MDI0


For those of you familiar with Marcus Zuzak's best seller, THE BOOK THIEF has been made in a movie starring Sophie Nelisse (Sarah's Key), now a DVD to be released on 11 March 2014!


The Book Thief is the amazing story of a young girl named Liesel growing up in Germany's wartime era. Her father is a communist, her mother is in trouble with the Nazi party and her little brother soon dies.
She is sent to live with her foster parents Hans and Rosa Hubermann in Himmel street and befriends amongst other children, a boy named Rudy who is in love with her and becomes her best friend.
Theirs are a poor life and hunger their constant companion. Both children are also members of the Hitler Youth movement.

Books are a rare commodity in Nazi Germany, and Hans or Papa, teaches Liesel to read whilst writing on the basement wall and playing his accordion.

The book is written from Death's point of view -quite a novelty - and we discover Liesel will eventually meet Death 4 times.



Amazon is now taking orders Folks!

I would love to hear from readers what they think of the book and now the movie!!

Note to Readers: This post was not requested and reflects my opinion only!



3 comments:

  1. This looks so interesting I will have to look out for the film or book. I realised as soon as I saw the cover that it must be based in Germany. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading the book was a fantastic experience and whilst I am not all together sure how Death (the book's narrator) is represented in the movie, I am certain the actors are excellent!
      Please let me know how you find either!

      Delete
  2. I have seen this advertised on the TV a lot lately, and my friend went to see it. She said it was pretty good so I keen to see it but not got organised yet.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!