26 March 2010

The Undervalued Self by Elaine N. Aron, PhD, another Hachette review

I thought to look into something completely different for me: checking out a self help book and I must admit I was surprised to read this one.

The Undervalued Self written by Elaine N. Aron, PhD, explains clearly each and every one of us has an undervalued part of our self, something which causes us to feel anxious at times, unworthy and even depressed. Some of us deal with it easily whilst most of us (sounds very familiar) feels as we are losing the battle. We all care about the perception of others!

She goes on to tell us we can learn to recognized the symptoms, the little things that triggers these feelings and in some instances perhaps discover the traumatic experience that might also have created our feeling of inadequacy.


We are after all our worst critic! But it is possible to free ourselves of these negative feelings.
Her suggestion of developing new friendships and deepening existing ones reminds us no one is an island in itself. We need others to fulfill our lives.

I learned to see myself with this book in a completely different picture. When I closed the last page, I reminded myself Rome was not built in one day. But here is a start...


I very much enjoy reading this book and I gladly give it a 4 stars!

Disclaimer: Hachette Book Group has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!